Big cats like lions and tigers have a certain majesty about them that’s impressive to witness. Between their imposing size and their hunting prowess, it can be easy to forget that in many ways, these huge creatures are a lot like house cats!
That’s what makes these pictures so great. Not only are the huge jungle cats in these photos acting very funny, but they prove beyond a doubt that there aren’t as many differences between a lion and your pet cat as you might think!
Take a look at these 24 hilarious photos of big cats and try not to laugh yourself silly!
1. All cats abide by the “if I fits, I sits” rule! It seems like any time you see a cat trying to get comfortable, they’re squeezing themselves into a tiny, four-walled container. This leopard looks like he’s about to bust out of this box!
2. This guy found the perfect lookout spot. He has a nice little back rest so he can get his lean on, and he can also be sure that no one will approach him unexpectedly from behind. He may have just found the best seat in the house.
3. Both of these guys saw the same fantastic box and decided they would try to get in there at the same time! But, hopefully, they’ll be able to share nicely and not let their big cat tempers get in the way.
4. Uh-oh, it looks like someone just disturbed this gal’s slumber. Those eyes are mesmerizing, and now they’re wide awake! Whoever it was better not need her to get out of her comfy bed, though.
5. This lion clearly does not realize how big he actually is. One look at this wheelbarrow and he decided he needed to hop aboard. Now, if only he could find someone brave to push him around all day…
6. This guy is having trouble finding the opening to his box! He probably peered his head inside to scope out the real estate and realized he was way bigger than he thought he was. Hey, who turned out the lights?
7. No matter how many times you watch this curious lion attempt to crawl into his safe space, it’s always hilarious. He finally realized it was a lost cause and decided to turn the whole thing into a cardboard mat instead.
8. If there is one thing cat lovers know, it’s that at some point or another, every cat enjoys a good belly-scratching! It doesn’t matter how big or small, they will roll right over…that doesn’t mean they won’t try to give you a swipe after they’ve had enough though. This person better keep her eyes peeled!
9. Now, giving a good belly scratch to a cat this big takes courage. One minute the tiger is lying on the ground, the next they’ve got their claws around your hand. Just don’t stop scratching!
10. Have you ever heard of reflexology… for animals? Some people believe that taking care of the pressure points in our feet is very important to our health, and this lion is getting quite the thorough treatment from a feline massage therapist.
11. This guy may be rolling around on his back looking for some attention, but if you’re about to give it to him, you’d better be ready. As cute as this face is, it belongs to a powerful predator who’s skilled in the art of intimidation.
12. There is no couch too fancy for a feline, and this guy proves it! No matter how big or small a cat is, sometimes all they want to do is lie on their back and stare up at the ceiling after a long day of naps. Life is so hard…
13. If you’ve ever seen a small cat play with a roll of toilet paper, you know exactly how messy it can get. This ocelot is about to show this toilet paper who’s boss. Hopefully he didn’t steal it from the bathroom!
14. Even though we all know that sharing is caring, it can be difficult to explain that philosophy to a large cat that it clearly obsessed with a cardboard tube. This leopard doesn’t care if anyone wants to share — he’s busy.
15. This lion has some serious air game! Cats love toys, no matter how high or low you put them to the ground. This guy saw one look at this dangling delight and made it his mission to make sure it didn’t stay there.
16. Isn’t this just the most precious face you’ve ever seen? This lively tiger decided to get up close and personal with the camera lens. The photographer here was lucky that he caught him in such a silly mood!
17. You’ve never seen anything like this before. One thing’s for sure: A cat will do anything for a tasty treat! He’s obviously very well-trained, but this worker shouldn’t keep his snack from him for too long.
18. Just like any domestic cat, when you have something that a big cat wants, they’re going to act extra kind to you and hopefully reap the reward. But, this wildlife employee won’t let himself be fooled by this tiger’s friendly gestures; he knows what he really wants.
19. Talk about having protection when you sleep. This young boy is obviously accustomed to spending time with large predatory cats based on how comfortable he’s acting. The boogeyman doesn’t stand a chance scaring this kid at night.
20. You might think that tigers prefer to hunt for their food, but like your kitty at home, they aren’t afraid to get their dinner out of a bowl from time to time. It’s definitely easier than all that running they’d usually be required to do!
21. This all-too-familiar scene is pretty cliche for a domestic cat, but for a big cat, not so much! This isn’t something you see every day in the wild. If only he had a friend to help him…or a ladder… or a firefighter to get him down!
22. Everybody knows that leopards love to cuddle! This guy’s eyes are just begging this woman to keep him company. It would be almost impossible to leave him alone if he looked at you like this.
23. A trip to the vet is terrifying even for the most predatory animals! This cheetah seems to be a little nervous as to where he might be going. He’s looking at the passenger in the back of the vehicle as if to ask, “Do you know where we’re going? Is everything going to be okay?”
24. This lion looks like he’s just about fed up with being stuck in an enclosed area, and he’s trying to bargain with his human friend to get a taste of freedom. “Hey you, come closer. I got an offer you can’t refuse…”
LOL! These pictures just go to show that cats will be cats no matter how big or small they are!